The Lynx 5 robotic arm delivers fast, accurate, and repeatable movement. The robot features base rotation, shoulder, elbow and wrist motion, and a functional gripper. The Lynx 5 robotic arm is an affordable system with a time tested rock solid design that will last and last. Everything needed to assemble the robot is included in the kit, however additional electronics are required to make the arm move. We have several solutions to choose from.
The robotic arm is made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components, black anodized aluminum servo brackets, and custom injection molded components. The arm includes five Hitec HS-422 servo motors. One for the base, two for the shoulder, and one each for the elbow and wrist. An HS-81 is included for the gripper.
Controlling the Arm
The arms servo motors can be controlled with a personal computer (PC) using a serial servo controller connected to the serial port. If stand alone operation is desired, the servo motors can be controlled directly from a microcontroller, such as an OOPic-R or Isopod, or with the BASIC ATOM or BS2 and an SSC-12 servo controller. In an effort to make things simpler we are offering the arm in combo packages depending on how the user wants to control it. Just scroll down till you see the option you are interested in.
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides. They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits. By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed. The Assembly Guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
Lynx 5 Robotic Arm Combo Kit for PC
- Easy! Windows program included; no programming required.
- This product includes everything you need to control the arm from a personal computer.
- RoboMotion software is included for advanced control using an X, Y, Z grid for gripper positioning.
- Precision Laser cut structural components
- Custom aluminum and injection molded components
- Easily connects to the PC’s serial port
- Preassembled Electronics
- Advanced Windows software allows positioning the gripper in an X, Y, Z grid
- Teach the arm with keyboard or joystick
- Lynx 5 Arm, Base, Gripper Kit (L501-KT)
- Mini SSC-II Servo Controller (SSC-01)
- Serial Data Cable (DB9-01)
- RoboMotion Software (RM-01)
- Regulated Wall Pack (L5WP-01)