The Lynx 6 robotic arm delivers fast, accurate, and repeatable movement. The robot features; base rotation, shoulder, elbow, wrist motion, wrist rotate, and a functional gripper. The Lynx 6 robotic arm is an affordable system with a time tested rock solid design that will last and last. Everything needed to assemble the robot is included in the kit, however additional electronics are required to make the arm move. We have several solutions to choose from.
The robotic arm is made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components, black anodized aluminum servo brackets, and custom injection molded components. The arm includes four Hitec HS-475 servo motors. The base uses an HS-422. An HS-85 and an HS-81 is included for the gripper.
Controlling the Arm
The arms servo motors can be controlled with a personal computer (PC) using a serial servo controller connected to the serial port. If stand alone operation is desired, the servo motors can be controlled directly from a microcontroller, such as an OOPic-R or Isopod, or with the BASIC ATOM or BS2 and an SSC-12 servo controller. In an effort to make things simpler we are offering the arm in combo packages depending on how the user wants to control it. Just scroll down till you see the option you are interested in.
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides. They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits. By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed. The Assembly Guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
Lynx 6 Robotic Arm Combo Kit for Basic Atom
- Smoothest operation; requires programming in BASIC.
- This product includes everything you need to control the arm from a BASIC Atom and SSC-12 servo controller.
- When programmed the arm will run stand-alone without the need to attach a PC.
- Precision laser cut Lexan structural components
- Custom aluminum and injection molded components
- When programmed the arm will run stand-alone without the need to attach a PC
- Sample routines for the Basic Atom are provided
- Preassembled Electronics
- Additional I/O can be used for sensors or peripheral devices
- Lynx 6 Arm, Base, Gripper Kit (L601-KT)
- SSC-12 Servo Controller (SSC-12)
- Mini Atom Bot Board (ABB-01)
- Prog. Cable for Bot Board (DB9-02)
- Basic Atom 28 Pin Micro (BA-02)
- Basic Atom Prog. Manual (BAM-01)
- Regulated Wall Pack (L5WP-01)
- Programming examples are provided.