About the Quadrapod 2 Walking Robot
The Quadrapod 2 Walker Kit is an eight servo quadruped featuring two degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backwards and turn left or right. The advanced leg design features low power consumption when the legs are standing. Everything needed to assemble the robot is included in the kit, however additional electronics are required to make the robot move. We have several solutions to choose from.
The robot is made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components, black anodized aluminum servo brackets, and custom injection molded components. The robot includes eight Hitec HS-422 servo motors. With the addition of a Pan and Tilt a Remote Piloted Quadrapod can be made.
Controlling the Robot
The robot can be controlled with a micro-controller, such as the BASIC ATOM or BS2, but due to the large number of servos an SSC-12 servo controller is required. We are offering the robot in combo packages for the Basic Atom or BS2-E. Just scroll down till you see the option you are interested in.
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides. They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits. By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed. The Assembly Guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
Quadrapod 2 Combo Kit for Basic Atom
- Powerful BASIC Atom; prewritten programs coming soon.
- This product includes everything you need to control the robot with a BASIC Atom.
- When programmed the robot will run autonomously without the need to be connected to a PC.
- Precision Laser cut structural components
- When programmed the robot will run stand-alone without the need to attach a PC
- Sample programs for the Basic Atom are coming soon
- Preassembled electronics
- 10% Combo Kit Discount!
- QP2 Robot Base Kit (QP-KT)
- 12 ch SSC (SSC-12)
- Next Step Micro (NS-01)
- Basic Atom (BA-01)
- BA Prog. Manual (BAM-01)
- DB9 Prog Cable (DB9-02)
- Infrared Proximity Detector (IRPD-01)
- Ni-MH Battery Charger (DSBC-01)
- 7.2 Volt Ni-MH Battery Pack (BAT-02)
- 7.2 Volt Quick Connect (BATC-01