About the Hexapod 3-R Walking Robot
The Hexapod 3-R is a very unique hexapod walker. The round body symmetry allows the robot to walk in any direction! Robot programmers looking for a challenge, look no further. The robot uses 18 Hitec HS-475 servos for the legs. Everything needed to assemble the basic robot chassis is included in the kit, however additional electronics are required to make the robot move. We have a powerful turn-key solution.
The robot is made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components and custom injection molded components. The robot includes 18 Hitec HS-475 servo motors. With the addition of a Pan and Tilt a Remote Piloted Hexapod can be made.
Controlling the Robot
The robot can be controlled with the New Micros Servo Pod microcontroller. The guys over at New Micros have completed the inverse kinematics work necessary to make this robot walk in any direction. We will have combo kits and code by early August.
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides. They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits. By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed. The Assembly Guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
Extreme Hexapod 3-R Robot Kit (no electronics)
- Robot chassis and servos only; no electronics.
- All of the leg joints centering is mechanically adjustable.
- This product includes everything you need to build a robot to control using your electronics.
- This robot is currently shipping in Yellow Lexan. Send an email if you want Black or White Lexan.
- Precision laser cut Lexan structural components
- Mechanical hardware
- Custom injection molded components
- 6″ Servo Extender Cable x 6 (SEA-01)
- 18 Hitec HS-475HB servos (S1-01)