About the Extreme Hexapod Walking Robot
The Extreme Hexapod 1 Walker Kit really walks using a simplified version of the alternating tripod gait. The robot’s six legs are controlled by three servos to provide full stride, (horizontal motion), and 1″ of leg lift, (vertical motion). The middle legs use a parallelogram design to make the lifting operation much more efficient. With a payload of more than 12 oz., this robot has no trouble getting around. The robot is available with your choice of micro-controllers. A host PC is required to download programs to the robot.
The hexapod is made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components and custom injection molded components. The robot includes three Hitec HS-422 servo motors. With the addition of the A-Pan and Tilt a Remote Piloted Hexapod can be made. The front of the chassis has an optional “punchout” so a standard servo can be installed. There are mounting holes for additional sensors, such as the Infrared Proximity Detector (IRPD-01), the Bumper Switches (BMP-01), or even the Ultrasonic Range Sensor (URS-01) with the addition of a pan servo and housing (URSH-03).
Controlling the Robot
The robot can be controlled with a micro-controller, such as the BASIC ATOM, BS2, or OOPic-C using the Bot Board carrier. It can also be controlled using the OOPic-R in place of the Bot Board. In an effort to make things simpler we are offering the robot in combo packages depending on how the user wants to control it. Just scroll down till you see the option you are interested in.
To keep costs down we are not providing printed Assembly Guides. They are provided online, so you will need to print them when you order the kits. By providing the Assembly Guides online we can provide more detailed and up to date information than the old hardcopy method allowed. The Assembly Guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
Extreme Hexapod 1 Combo Kit for Basic Atom
- Powerful BASIC Atom; rewritten programs available.
- This product includes everything you need to control the robot with a BASIC Atom.
- When programmed the robot will run autonomously without the need to be connected to a PC.
- Precision Laser cut structural components
- When programmed the robot will run stand-alone without the need to attach a PC
- Sample programs for the Basic Atom are provided
- Pre-assembled electronics
- Full Tripod gait using only three servos
- EH1 Robot Kit (EH101-KT)
- Mini Atom Bot Board (ABB-01)
- Basic Atom 28 Pin Micro (BA-02)
- DB9 Prog Cable (DB9-02)
- Infrared Proximity Detector (IRPD-01)